The Thousandth Floor Inspired Makeup Tutorial

Friday, 11 November 2016
So to distract me from the horrible past few weeks I've been having (don't ask), I thought I would blog because I like blogging and it makes me happy. 

Here's another one of my "makeup tutorials" (lol because 1) I can't makeup and 2) my "tutorials" are the most unhelpful thing). This time I thought I would do one for The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee because cover goals. 



What You'll Need:
- Matte black eyeshadow
- Matte brown eyeshadow/transition shade colour
- Gold eyeshadow
- Eyeliner
- Brushes
- Concealer 
- Foundation
- Blush
- Highlighter
- Nude-ish Lipstick 
- Mascara
- Primer if your fancy unlike me and want your makeup to last (I'm lazy so...)
- Brow stuff (I don't fill in my naturally bushy brows but I know some people do and their eyebrow game is always strong) 

How To Do the Makeup:
1) Do your regular makeup routine you usually do before you do the fun stuff. (Please ignore my ugliness.)



2) Eye time! Apply a matte medium brown (or any transition colour you usually use) to your crease and blend. (I just do this because the people who know how to do makeup said to.)



3) Apply the matte black shadow to your crease and blind the intensity to the desired opacity. Then blend because harsh lines. 



4) Apply concealer to your lids to "cut your crease" and basically make that gold pop. 



5) Put that shiny gold stuff on your eyelids in a patting motion to really pack the product on. 



6) Fancy eyeliner time. Draw a line in your crease and blend it out. Then do your regular eyeliner and connect it to the first line. Then take the liner under the eyes and blend using the black eyeshadow. 



7) Apply mascara. 

8) Highlight the inner corners and brow bone using your highlighter. 


9) Apply blush to the apples of your cheeks. 

10) STROBING TIME!! Okay so strobing is basically highlighting to the extreme. So take your highlighter and put it on the high points of your cheeks, on the tip of your nose, in the center of your forehead, on the center of your chin, above the arch of your eyebrows, and on your Cupid's bow. 


11) Apply any nude lipstick of your choice. 


12) This step is optional. Take some of that highlighter and put it on the center of your lips for that extra glowing effect. 


Ta da!! You're done!!!



If you liked it, you can recreate it or share it or don't do anything and just admire it. I hope you all like this and I hope it distracted you a bit from all the awful things going on in the world right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation! We love knowing your opinions and thoughts on the matter!