Three Years of Blogging

Friday, 14 July 2017
I honestly can't believe it's been three years since I decided to start this blog. Even though I've gone through a name change (I like Empress of Books so I doubt it'll be changing anytime soon), not much has changed over these past three years blogging wise (except that I used to blog like everyday and now I'm not nearly as consistent).

This blog still means so much to me though, and I'm so thankful to anyone who has ever read any of my blog posts. It means the world to me that someone would ever take time out of their day to read something that I wrote. Thank you.

Also to everyone I've met because of this blog (virtually or in real life), you're all amazing and I hope I can meet you all in person/see you all again in the future!

So I don't really know what I should blog about for my three year blog anniversary, but I'm sure as always it will be full of rambles. Some things never change lol.

I guess something I could do would be to give my updated thoughts on Throne of Glass (which was my first review), and see how my opinions on that book have changed.

First off, I was so far up Chaol's butt it hurts. In retrospect, I hadn't read Heir of Fire yet (I'm pretty sure it came out a few months after that review went up) and I had hopes that maybe Aelin and Chaol would reconcile (lol). Obviously I hadn't met Rowan yet, but let's just say my feelings towards Chaol are the complete opposite now. I can barely tolerate him now.

Also, I used to be so into Sarah J. Maas, and I still like her but lol the ACOTAR series is better than the ToG series (I hadn't read any of them yet because THEY HADN'T YET BEEN RELEASED!!! so don't judge). I was a SJM fan before she was a NYT bestselling author.

However, I'm really thankful for ToG in a way because when I'd just started blogging, no one I knew had really read them yet (I'm pretty sure that was the year I started trying to get Jaimie from Jaimiesam who I've known since forever to start the series), so blogging gave me a platform to talk about the books and all my thoughts.

So in true me fashion, I'm posting this in the evening because I had work yesterday and was too tired to write this post when I got home.

One more time, thank you thank you thank you to everyone who has ever read this blog, and to you, whoever you are reading this right now.

You've helped make my blogging dream come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation! We love knowing your opinions and thoughts on the matter!