How does one make friends online? Can one make friends online? Are people mean? Are people inclusive?
The answers are: see this blog post, if you're willing to put in the effort, sometimes, and sometimes.
I can't believe I forgot about this series, but I saw this post in my drafts, and now I think it's time I finally finish it + email everyone who wanted to do a guest post to see if they're still up for it! (Maybe fill out the form again even if you already did because it's been so long??)
Anyway, let's get down to business.
How does one make friends online?
Honestly, there is no right answer. There are so many ways you can make friends online that I don't think I could cover them all in this post. However, here are some ways to make friends online;
- Get a Twitter account, and join in on book community chats such as:
- #BBTC (Shout out to the amazing Brittany who runs this chat, and is super nice if you ever need a friend. I'm also there occasionally whenever I can!!)
- #RQWN (I've met a lot of people during these chats!)
- Follow, read, and comment on other new and up-and-coming blogs.
- Join Bookstagram, and compliment people on their photos.
- Be open to talking to new people online in general!
- Interact with people in the comments section of your blog.
- Read, and write fanfic, and connect with your readers/the authors of the fanfic you like.
- Join Tumblr, and get sucked into a world full of fan art, fanfic, fandoms, etc.
- Join fandoms (do not recommend this as much because some fandoms are full of awful people who are toxic, and whom you shouldn't be friends with).
Can you make friends online?/Do those suggestions above really work?
Yes! I've met so many people online who I would consider to be my friends, and we have amazing conversations. So yes, you can absolutely make friends online.
And yes, I can tell you those tips above do really work. (Obviously they will not work for everyone, but I do believe they will work for the majority.)
Are people mean?
Some people, yes. After all, the internet is filled with trolls.
However, most people are super nice, and I'm always here if you ever want to be friends. :)
Are people inclusive?
For sure! If you join one of the book chats, everyone comments on everyone's tweets, and you'll be welcomed regardless of how many people you've previously befriended.
I hope this helps in some way, shape, or form. I'm just happy this series is getting revived on my blog because apparently I started writing this post in October 2015, and now it's April 2017.
(Also, if any other bloggers want to do a guest post about this, fill out this handy form please: http://goo.gl/forms/ukHU6cfggI)